MOTORCYCLE RIDERS it is worth it to INVEST IN A PINLOCK VISOR FOR YOUR HELMET TO SEE CLEARLY WHILE RIDING IN THE RAIN. It is dangerous to ride a motorcycle when your helmet shield fogs.
In 1994, Derek Arnold created the Pinlock system for motorcycle riders to see clearly. The Pinlock system uses a silicon bead sealant when the Pinlock visor is attached to the helmet visor to absorb moisture on the inside to allow clear visibility. The Pinlock inserts integrate with different helmet brand visors.
There are three different types of Pinlocks:
1. Push Pin – used with Pinlock ready helmets by inserting lens into the face shield
2. Three Component Pin – provides extra grip to a helmet that has an expanded version of the Push Pin system with integrated screws
3. Tear Off Pin – uses Pinlock insert lenses and tear-off strips for motorcycle racers. The Pinlock Tear Off Pins are only compatible with 2D visors.
There are three Pinlock levels for fog protection:
1. Pinlock 30 – universal fit for Pinlock ready helmet brands
2. Pinlock 70 – custom fit for specific helmet brands
3. Pinlock 120 – specific helmet brands for motorcycle racing or adventure riding
Visit https://pinlock.com to see if there is a Pinlock visor available for your helmet.