Martini preferences become an interesting conversation with mature adults drinking the classy drink shaken or stirred, wet, dry or very dry to the choice of Gin or Vodka.
The traditional Martini is made with Gin and dry Vermouth.
Gin has a very strong distinctive taste and Vodka is tasteless although both are made from a variety of grains, wheat, barley and sometimes potatoes.
In the game of life, traditions and rules were made to be broken for the evolution of a great Martini.
In 1953, James Bond introduced the Vesper aka the Vodka Martini in Ian Fleming’s novel Casino Royale “Three measures of Gordon’s, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet (a wine similar to vermouth). Shake it very well until it’s ice-cold, then add a large thin slice of lemon peel.”
It doesn’t matter to me if the Martini is made with Gin or Vodka, shaken or stirred…I just want the Bartender to mix it right and serve it cold in a chilled Martini glass.
The list below includes my top 3 favorite Martini spots to enjoy with my loved ones and the rest are presented in no particular order.
1. Martini Bar in Las Vegas Nevada makes the best Martini’s in a vibrant atmosphere and they are not stingy with the olives!
2. Smoke House Restaurant in Burbank, California with the Best Cheese Bread in the World!
3. The Musso & Frank Grill in Hollywood, California is a great place to enjoy a Coffee Martini for Breakfast with coffee bean smiley faces and Martini’s for Lunch and Dinner with loved ones.
4. The Chapel At the Abbey in West Hollywood, California makes a great Martini to enjoy with breakfast for dinner at night after taking care of business during the day!
5. Barton G in Los Angeles, California creates animation Martini’s with vodka popsicle infused with liquid nitrogen providing an illusion of smoke!
6. Gallery Bar and Cognac Room inside the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles, California provides a classy atmosphere to enjoy a Martini…
7. Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar in Santa Clarita, California allow adults to enjoy a Martini in a pet friendly environment outdoors. I was inside enjoying my Martini with loved ones since I did not have my Rottweiler with me…
8. Lucille’s Smokehouse Bar-B-Que in Santa Clarita, California has a full bar inside to enjoy a Martini away from the dining room area…