Latte art is a gift of patience, talent, academics and skills from a Barista.
I respect and appreciate the time a Barista takes for others to admire art floating inside a hot cup before tilting for a sip between teeth and lips to allow the tongue to taste latte.
Sometimes it’s hard for me to drink the colorful espresso and steamed milk.
I sip latte from the cup slowly, place the cup down and repeat until the colors blend together making another artistic creation as if I’m twisting a kaleidoscope.
I live a fast pace lifestyle and drinking a latte allows me time to sit back, relax and enjoy the art show inside a cup and occasionally inside a glass.
Latte art creates an emotional connection and an immediate response of surprise because the Barista usually decides the design inside a cup without input from a latte snob.
My favorite Latte spots…
1. The Butcher, The Baker, The Cappuccino Maker in West Hollywood, California reminds me of Europe the moment I walk inside. I did not make reservation to eat so I decided to have a seat at the bar to order a hot cup of latte. The Barista made a special California art design just for me!
2. Sambalate in Las Vegas, Nevada is highly recommended for latte lovers. It’s a great place to listen to live music, plug in your lap top for business or pleasure while enjoying a latte with beautiful art designs.
3. Carrera Café in Los Angeles, California offers latte snobs the opportunity to drink their face using Ripples’ Ripple Maker technology on a hot or iced latte. It’s easy and fun! All you have to do is download the Ripple Maker on your mobile phone, choose a location with the Ripple Maker, upload and edit the image you select from your mobile phone and provide the location you selected with your information to print the image on your latte!
4. Coffee Zone is the first latte spot I visited where the Barista asked me what type of design I wanted. I told the Barista to surprise me. I chose to sit outside on the patio at night under the stars, looking into the large eyes of cat staring at me from the inside of a coffee cup…
5. Love to Go creates delicious 3D lattes to enjoy in a cozy environment with limited seating.
6. Urth Caffe offers organic coffee and tea lattes with beautiful art designs. Place your order, get your number and the Barista will make your latte quickly to enjoy inside or outside on a patio. I prefer drinking my latte outside on Melrose Avenue with my loved ones…
7. Balconi Coffee Company is where I go for my favorite Almond Essence Latte to enjoy inside on a rainy day, outside on the sidewalk or to go…
8. G & B Coffee in the Los Angeles Grand Central Market is home to the Almond-Macadamia Milk Latte and it is considered the Best Latte in the United States of America! This espresso non-dairy milk shake contains only water, almonds, macadamia and dates. You can also the Almond-Macadamia Milk Latte hot…it’s Southern California served in a mason jar. B & G Coffee is also home to World Barista Champion Charles Babinski. Babinski was second to Austraila’s Sasa Sestic in 2015.
9. Republique has the best Vanilla Almond Milk latte! I felt like I was back in France enjoying breakfast. A latte can be ordered after standing in a long line for a first come, first served brunch or at the pick up window.
10. Coffee Tomo makes a delicious Vanilla latte!
11. Go Get Em Tiger serves delicious hot latte early in the morning in a mason jar or a classy grown ups glass! Go Get Em Tiger is also home to the 2008 United States Barista Champion Kyle Glansville.
12. Joi Café offers 100% organic lattes made with plant based milk!
13. The Yellow Vase provides a little taste of Paris, France in Palos Verdes, California. Latte served with a heart full of love…